Sunday 4 April 2010

Water is Life!

Yes, another daybreak photograph. However, this is not the real news today. I've been kicking dust around on this island in the sun for TOO LONG now, so it was about TIME I got into the Water (why on Earth do you go to an Island if NOT to go into the Water?). So, after several hours in the Sun I decided to cool off under the stars with a dip into the Ocean... As you Launchpad fans know the last time I was in this particular Ocean I made like Samwise Gamgee and nearly sank to the bottom of the Sea...
(which might explain WHY I stay on the Islands.)
This time, with no Frodo in sight to drag me back to safety I did not sink and enjoyed the view of the Stars and Planets whilst floating on my back, including one particular Planet called MARS which just so happens to be in the sky to the West of here. If any Martians were looking on I'm sure they got enough information to stall any further invasion plans from their observation my heroic efforts in the sea - but as you all know from your classical education and (in the case perhaps of one or two of you) from the study of the specimen in the Natural History Museum, Martians are effectively Octopus, with big luminous disc-like eyes, so perhaps they might be more efficient in our seas and at Nighttime...
Just some off the cuff thoughts for you all on Easter Sunday... Our temperature here today was around 30 degrees centigrade and we had good skies.

1 comment:

james said...

Another great photo Martin. Keep them coming.