Monday 24 December 2012

SKYTREE - ABORT!!

So close! But then of all the things to happen my reservation docket vanished - I got lost and when I eventually managed to find my way back to the reservation area... well... my intended time of visit was between 12.30/1pm. New dockets were at 4pm... So, dejected and miserable, I wandered aimlessly amongst the throngs of people, many taking advantage of a public holiday I think (strange, tomorrow is the big day in the UK but because the Emperor's official birthday was on a Sunday the next day (today) is the public holiday. I manage to make my way back to Ueno on foot which was really nice, it was an exceptionally sunny day. Oh well, it doesn't matter! No funds lost in the exercise and I can retry to get to Skytree on Wednesday when with any luck it might be a bit less busy. Tomorrow of course is special. Leaving this posting with an image from my journey to Ueno - of the Skytree of course...

No comments: