Tuesday 30 March 2010

"Did you ever see anything so wonderful?" (EDITED)

Alrighty then, today's offerings are once more from my hidden resort island, and firstly, Alpine Road. It was like being in Central Europe in the Summer walking this morning (very early) around the perimeter of the island. It doesn't get much busier than this but first thing, deserted. Just the way I wanted it, as I wandered with my iPod in play mode.



Will you look at those?! Initially I was drawn to an oasis of Green but then I had the opportunity to do some flower photography. Flowers?! Well, these have a very good aesthetic quality and the lighting was catching them magnificently, so I was compelled to photograph them. The title of today's entry is in reference to the flowers as well: anyone want to venture a guess where the quote is from?


(EDIT 2/4/10) ah, there's a bottle in the photo...
Finally, as I said, I was drawn to an oasis of green. No expectations of finding grass here so when I did find it, I had to test it, I had to know if it was real. Oh, it was real, maintained to a very high quality. I think I will go back to this oasis again tomorrow and enjoy the air here once more. If any of you are familiar with opening to the movie Silent Running you might have an idea of what it was like to be here this morning. Unfortunately (?) I don't have the Folk soundtrack that went to that, as I think that it might be appropriate to listen to here. I guess I'll just have to make do with Bear McCreary for now...

There's still a chance to get some more 'comical' pictures of Rock Lobster from yesterday published - my thanks to those (all of one of you) who have asked for his return but lets see if there's anyone else out there who wants to see this fella again?! GMT 1700hrs, Wednesday, 30th March is the deadline for your request(s)...

No comments: