Thursday 1 April 2010

Easterly View

Thursday Morning. Today, for the first time in four days I managed to catch sunrise by rising at 5.45am, some fifteen minutes earlier than usual and despite the cloud cover, I think managed to get some good photos. In a flipside to the previous post I'm adding a few more images as this side is Daybreak side and (did I mention this before?) because it is thirty seconds from where I'm staying at the moment.


Yeap, it certainly pays to wake first thing. My routine is good now: up at Daybreak, circle the island taking some photos, (which usually take up an hour or so,) breakfast, work (today another 2,800 words, sorry I don't think I'm going to get to my proposed 50,000 written before I leave but I think if I get at least half of that I'm doing good), and the afternoon off to catch up with friends and more photos.


The clarity of the water here fails to be captured in my photos, but here you can readily see the reflective nature and near stillness of the water at low tide. As has been mentioned my iTouch has been deployed on this adventure: this morning's delights were tracks from Royksopp's 2009 album Junior, Chicane's 2007 album Somersault and Goldfrapp's 2008 album Seventh Tree.



Finally, no, I haven't forgotten either. I know that some of you wanted more 'hilarious' photos of Rock Lobster but given that the feedback has been substantially worse than the initial run on Beyond the Launchpad I'm beginning once more to question if this is real or a New York State of Mind. If it's the latter, please be advised some real upbeat posts will be issued shortly.
Further details to follow.
(n.b. heck, that's kinda catchy isn't it? That would be good for a Blog name...)

No comments: